Friday 23 November 2007

Virtual Insanity?

This week, I attended the Steering Group meeting for the University of London's distance education e-Learning Benchmarking project. This activity, left over from my last job, provides an interesting insight into an institution auditing their e-learning.

On Tuesday, the BLE Pedagogy Group met for the first time since the summer - Ana and Brian from the RVC demonstrated how audio podcasts are being made available. The Group were so keen and full of questions, that unfortunately the pair did not complete their presentation. A Bloomsbury workshop on podcasting would obviously be of great interest and something I can arrange next term.

On Wednesday, I attended the HeLF (Heads of eLearning Forum) at City University - a group set up independent of JISC and the Higher Education Academy, which means the content of the meeting is purely strategic for the institutions. Made a refreshing change! The theme of the event was Second Life usage in education - I'm not convinced, though I can see the benefits in distance learning. Anyone had a play with it?

Next week, the BLE Technical Group meets and I have arranged a conference call with Blackboard engineers to discuss the reporting database. Monday I will be at the RVC (Camden), Tuesday at SOAS, Wednesday at RVC (Hawkshead) and Thursday at IOE. Friday is yet to be decided...

No comments:

Post a Comment