Tuesday 6 November 2007

Bb Admin training

Yesterday evening, I attended a reception for the Bloomsbury Colleges Groups, where I waved the flag for the BLE - which was mentioned as an example of good collaborative practice in the consortium by David Latchman, Master of Birkbeck College.

This morning, I set up access to the JANET Roaming Service which will allow me to use the wireless networks in some of the colleges. Well, hopefully - it seems to work when I sit on the edge of the desk at SOAS. Will try Birkbeck later this week...

I am currently sat next to Fitri at the IOE, watching over her shoulder as she answers queries from staff and course administrators using Blackboard. I've also been doing this with Martin at SOAS and Fiona and Ana at the RVC. It's a great way of learning how the systems are used, looking at the sorts of queries that are common between colleges and will enable me to pinch any good ideas and spread them around the consortium. Will be setting up a date at LSHTM with Leman.

No comments:

Post a Comment