Friday 18 January 2008

Twitter

This week, I set up a Twitter account - a tool that simply displays what you are currently up to (cf to the status report on Facebook). Set up your own account here http://twitter.com/ and search for me under "ble1". A useful , mobile tool - especially if you haven't got time to read my blog - or if I haven't updated in a week... ooops.

Yesterday, I spent a few hours with Leman @ LSHTM. It was useful for me to see how she manages their Blackboard site. Leman uses UltraEdit (http://www.ultraedit.com) as an alternative to Notepad - it's simple like Notepad, but offers a lot more functionality that comes in useful when dealing with long filepaths for Snapshot updates. Download a free 30-45 day trial. I plan to visit one of the BLE administrators regularly to keep up-to-date.

Movements for next week:
Monday - Camden (3pm call with Kyung Ro, Bb)
Tuesday - SOAS
Wednesday - Potters Bar/Camden
Thursday & Friday - York, JISC Project Start-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment